PROCEDURE FOR GETTING MIGRATION AND/OR DEGREE
A student who have studied any programme(Alumni) from the Institute (from 26.06.2002 onwards after conversion from Regional Engineering College (REC) to National Institute of Technology (NIT), An Institution of National Repute) may request for obtaining Migration either in-person or by post at their residential address.
All the ex-students of the Institute (REC or NIT) may request for obtaining degree awarded by Kurukshetra University or other University to which REC was affiliated or awarded by NIT, Kurukshetra either in person or by post at their residential address.
They are requested to follow the following process:-
Step-1 :- “GENERAL APPLICATION FORM FOR ALL SERVICES” form available on the Institute website under Academic->Student Services->Student Forms.
Step-2:- Fill application form in your handwriting and attach the following with this application form.
1) Required Fee in the form of Demand Draft in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra payable at Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
The prescribed fee is as per the following:-
Migration Fee = 200 Rs.
Degree Fee = 500 Rs.
Postal Charges =100 Rs (If student want to receive Migration and/or Degree by Speed Post)
2) Self Attested Photocopy of the “No Dues” certificate of the Institute
3) Self Attested Photocopy of Photo ID Proof issue by the Organization/Government Agencies like Employee ID Card, Student ID Card, Votar ID Card, Aadhar Card etc
4) Self Attested Photocopy of Address Proof either in your name or your father name or your spouse name or allotted to you by the organization where you are working.
Step-3 Send all the Documents by Speed Post/Registered Post at the following address.
Deputy Registrar (Academic)
Room No.:-210, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
Golden Jubilee Admin Building, Kurukshetra, Haryana, India :-136 119
Phone No. : - 01744-233226, 228
Step-4 Normally Migration/Degree is handed over to the Student within 3-4 working days of receipt of his/her request in Academic Section.
In case if student couldn’t able to come to collect the Migration and/or Degree then the same will be sent at his/her address by Speed Post. (As per submitted Address Proof).
Step-5 In case if student has any query in the process he/she may contact on following no in academic section.
1) For UG Migration and/or Degree :- 01744-233228
2) For PG Migration and/or Degree:- 01744-233226
3) For Ph.D. Migration and/or Degree:- 01744-233229
Your suggestion to improve the procedure for getting Migration and/or Degree is always welcome. You may send your suggestions through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Migration from the Institute will be issued only if the Degree is awarded by the Institute. If the degree is not issued by the Institute then the Institute shall give a College Leaving Certificate issued by the Deputy Registrar(Academic)
2) Deputy Registrar (Academic) and Superintendent (Academic) are authorized to issue Migration Certificate on behalf of the Institute.
-STUDENTS/ALUMNI/VISITORS ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT INSTITUTE AUTHORITIES FOR THEIR AVAILABILITY BEFORE THEY PLAN TO COME TO NIT,KURUKSHETRA FOR OFFICIAL WORK.
-THE INSTITUTE REMAINS OPEN ON ALL WORKING DAYS EXCEPT GOVT HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS( SATURDAY AND SUNDAY) FROM 9.00 AM TO 5:30 PM.
- APPROVED STUDENT TIMING ON WORKING DAYS ARE AS FOLLOWS
MORNING : 12:00 NOON TO 01:00 PM
EVENING: 04:30 PM TO 05:30 PM