National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
The Department of Electrical Engineering is one of the largest departments in NIT Kurukshetra, and has a distinguished faculty, holding Ph.D Degrees from renowned institutes in India.
The Primary objective of the department is to impart quality education and training at the undergraduate, postgraduate and research levels in the areas of Electrical Engineering.
Vision: To strive incessantly for excellence towards education and research in electrical technologies by nurturing and contributing to state of art perspectives useful to industry and society.
Mission: The department aim to realize the vision through the following:
- To prepare the students for fundamentals in Electrical, Electronics and computational technology.
- To prepare the foundation for undertaking the research for systems involving emerging field of electrical engineering.
- To prepare the professional skill for undertaking consultancy assignments for solving electrical engineering problems
- To prepare dynamic entrepreneurial resources, useful for the society.
- Training students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Research and Development in all branches of Electrical Engineering.
- Providing continuing education programmes for working professionals.
- Collaborating with government agencies, defence organisations, national and international industries of repute and universities worldwide through sponsored research, consultancy projects and manpower training schemes.
Faculty are encouraged to take independent initiatives with collective responsibility in all the relevant academic and R&D dimensions - teaching, curriculum development, graduate research supervision, R&D, continuing education or organisation of conferences, symposia, etc. They have ample freedom to associate as members of team with other faculty, research engineers or with faculty in interdisciplinary areas. The department has an open atmosphere with ample scope for faculty to work with other departments and centers within the Institute.