To produce quality manpower equipped with human and social values required to provide integration of technical skill, social character, leadership, self-confidence, creativity and renovation for benefit of mankind and sustainable development of India.
To promote the areas of study, teaching and research activities of the Institute by:
- Providing exchange of Faculty and Scholars at Regional and National level to attain contemporariness;
- Increasing Government-Institute and Industry-Academia Interaction by promoting joint research and consultancy projects between various Departments/Agencies of the Government of India and the Institute as well as Industry and the Institute;
- Contributing to knowledge, creation, development, up gradation, dissemination and application by conducting research on the emerging disciplines, by workshops and by publishing books, research reports and research papers in journals of National and International standing.
- To offer academic programs in different areas of engineering at Under-graduate, Post-graduate and Doctoral levels.
- ncreasing Government-Institute and Industry-Academia Interaction by promoting joint research and consultancy projects between various Departments/Agencies of the Government of India and the Institute as well as Industry and the Institute;
- To promote quality research and undertake research projects keeping in view the present day to day needs of technology.
- To interact with industry and other relevant sectors with a view to promote mutual interaction.
- To provide consultancy and testing facilities to various government, semi-government and private organizations with a view to generate additional resources and keep in touch with latest demands of the profession.
- To interact with, and provide necessary help to other engineering institutions from the state in particular.
- To act as a source for fostering national integration, the students intake being from all over the country providing this opportunity.
- To inculcate moral values.