- Dr. B.B. Gupta received Young Faculty Research Fellowship Award (37 Lakhs), by MeiTY, Govt. of India, 2017
- Dr. Virender Ranga received Young Faculty Award in 2016, conferred by Hon'ble Justice T.N. Vallinayagam, High Court Chennai and Prof. Ahmed Ammar, University of Damman, Saudi Arabia, University of Stirling, Scotland in an Academic Meet at Chennai.
- Dr. Gyanendra Verma received Outstanding Scientist Award-2016 by Venus International Foundation, Chennai
- Vikram Singh received best paper award in 11th International Conference on Data Mining and Warehousing (ICDMW'15), Aug. 2I -23, 2015 (Elsevier).
- Dr. Mayank Dave received best paper award in session of Track 5 in the 12th IEEE India Council's International Conference "IEEE INDICON 2015", December 17-20, 2015, New Delhi.
- Dr. R. K Aggarawal received peace promotion award by TPRF in 2015.
- Prof. Mayank Dave, Co-Project Investigator of Information Security Education and Awareness Phase 2, (ISEA-ll), Funded by DeitY, Ministry of Communications and IT, Govt. of India, Rs. 40 Lakhs (approx.) for three years from June 2015.
- Dr. B.B. Gupta has been awarded SERB-DST Young Scientist Research Project titled "Defending Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks using Dynamic Resource Ownership and Economic Incentive Based Solution" in Nov. 2015.ndia, 2017
- Prof. Mayank Dave attended and presented a paper in 2nd World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering held during June 17-19, 2011 at Changchun, China. Proceedings published in Springer LNEE.
- Prof. Mayank Dave attended and presented 7th Multi-Disciplinary International Workshop in Artificial Intelligence, Krabi, Thailand, December 9-11, 2013. Proceedings published in Springer LNAI-LNCS.
- Sh. Mohit Dua attended and presented a paper in 12th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications held during December 4-7, 2013, Miami, FL, USA.
- Dr. B. B. Gupta visited Tokyo, Japan for chairing session in the IEEE 3rd Global Conference on Consumer Electronics (GCCE 2014) during October 07-10, 2014.
- Dr. B. B. Gupta visited Yamaguchi Univ., Japan during Jan 18-26, 2015.
- Prof. Mayank Dave, Prof. J. K. Chhabra, Sh. Mohit Dua and Sh. Virender Ranga attended and presented research papers in ICTFCT-2015 at Singapore during March 28-30, 2015.
A large number of students participate in different activities such as programming contests outside the institute such as Microsoft Imagine Cup, ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM-ICPC), IBM’s The Great Mind Challenge (TGMC) and have represented the institute up to final rounds of challenge. Students also represent institute in technical paper presentations. Students of the department also perform higher studies at the institutes of higher learning in India and abroad.
• Suzail Ahmed, another student participated in Innovative Project Contest at IIT, Bombay during 2012 & was awarded 2nd position at National Level.
• Three students of B.Tech. 3rd year participated in Microsoft Imagine Cup 2012 and got placed among top 33 teams from India. IBM TGMC participation by 3 teams in 2012-13 and one team reached the final round
• Three students of final year represented NIT, Kurukshetra in Jed-I Project Challenge at IISC Bangalore in 2011 and their project was highly appreciated by experts.
• Since last 6 years, department’s students are representing NIT Kurukshetra in the most reputed ACM Programming Contest organized by IIT Kanpur & performing very well.
• Anurag Kundu, B.Tech CO 2013 passout participated in elocution competition at Mumbai in 2011 where 38 universities participated and won third rank. He also stood first in Gandhi Quiz at Wardha (Mah) in Dec 2011.
• At least one student of B.Tech from the department is getting selected in the most reputed recruiter i.e. Google Inc. since last 9 years consecutively.
• During 2014-15, two students Shobhit and Shivam from B.Tech (Computer Engineering) final year have been offered placement by Google, one of whom has been offered the placement in Mountain View, California, USA.
• Since last two years at least one student of B.Tech III year is getting selected for Summer Internship Program of Google.
• During last four years approximately 15-20 students are selected for Summer Internship programmes of Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe etc. Most of them are being offered placement in the respective company subsequently.
• Students are also offered fellowship at DAAD research program at German Universities. This year Deeksha Agrawal of B.Tech 3rd year (I.T.) is going to TU Darmstadt, Germany for summer internship.
• ACM-ICPC is the most reputed multitier, team-based, programming competition known worldwide. This year one of our teams finished in the top 10 teams of the Asia Region Context.
• One of the department’s team was ranked 18th in the prestigious International team-oriented software engineering contest known as IEEE SCORE2011 which is held simultaneously with IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE). This was the only team from India which could reach Top-20 internationally.
• Ph.D. thesis of Dr. Varun Gupta titled “Object Oriented Static and Dynamic Software Design Metrics” has been chosen by ACM as a Resource Material in the area of Software Engineering.
• Sunny Aggarwal, Kunal Khanna, Arpit Tripathi , Prof. J. K. Chhabra (Coach), got 5th Place in Asia Chennai First Round Programming Contest 2015.
Several students of department got admitted in MS and PhD programmes in several reputed universities abroad including Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Cornell University, Purdue University, Univ. of Warwick, Univ. of Washington, Texas A&M University, SUNY Stony Brooke, NUS Singapore, Norwegian University of Science and Technology Trondhiem etc. Many students have been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow etc. and also got admitted for M.Tech in IISc Bangalore, IIT Kanpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay etc.
• Students have achieved score of 99%ile & higher in the GATE. One student Raghav Sood achieved in GATE 2014, score of 886 with AIR 79.
• Tushar Arora, B.Tech CO 2006-10 batch got admissions in several US universities including CMU and finally took admission in Cornell University, USA
• Vikas Gupta, B.Tech IT 2007-11 batch got admission with full scholarship at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondhiem, Norway
• Rajwinder Singh, B.Tech IT 2006-10 batch got admission in IIM, Lucknow
• Nishta Jain, B.Tech IT 2006-10 batch took admission in IIM, Lucknow
• Pradeep Bansal, B.Tech CO 2006-10 scored 99.95%ile in GATE.
• Three students of M.Tech 2011 Batch got admission in Ph.D. programme abroad with full funding – 02 students in Ben Gurion University, Israel and 01 in NUS Singapore.
• Sanya Chaba, B.Tech CO 2017 batch, got admission in M.S. Program of Georgia Tech University.
• Rimsha Goomer, B.Tech, IT 2017 batch, got admission in M.S. Program in university of southern California.
• Nishant Agarwal, B.Tech, IT 2017 batch, got admission in M.S. Program in university of southern California
• Riya Mann, B.Tech, CO 2017 batch, got admission in M.S. Program of delft university of technology Netherlands.
• A team of Soumya, Sarika and Ranjna (CS students) were awarded Gold Medal in Chess Tournament during URIA held at Thapar University Patiala, in 20l6.
• A team of Soumya, Sarika and Ranajna(CS students), were awarded Gold Medal in Chess Toumament during IT USA-2016.
• A team of Soumya and Sarika (CS students), were awarded Gold Medal in Chess Tournament during SPARDHA'15held at IIT BHU Varanasi, Oct. 3l-Nov.1, 2015.
• Deeksha (CS Student) got 2 Gold, 1 Silver medals in various Athletics events during Inter- NIT Athletics tournament held at NIT Kurukshetra, March 4 - March 6, 2017 .
• Hema (IT Student) got I Silver and2Bronze Medals in Athletics events during A.I.I.N.I.T held at MNIT Jaipur, Jan.2016 and 3 Gold, 2 Silver Medals in Athletics events during Inter-NIT Athletics tournament held at NIT Kurukshetra, March 4 - March 6, 2017.
• Snigdha (IT Student) got 1 Bronze' in ITUSA held at NIT Kurukshetra in 2016 and 1 Bronze in Basket Ball Tournament during A.I.I.N.I.T. held at MNIT Jaipur in 2016.