Nonlinear Fiber Optics; Integrated Photonics; Fiber Bragg Grating Based Accelerometer; 2-D Material Coated Fiber based Photonic Devices; Fiber Lasers; Photonic Quantum Technology in Specialty Optical Fiber and Waveguide Devices; Computational Photonics.
(Interested Ph.D., M. Sc., M. Tech., and B. Tech. students can contact if they are interested to work for their projects in above mentioned research fields)
Experience: (Teaching and Research: 10 Years)
Assistant Professor: NIT Kurukshetra, India (Nov. 2022 to continue).
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Optoelectronics Research Centre, University of Southampton, United Kingdom (Sep. 2021 – Nov. 2022).
Assistant Professor (Guest Faculty): Delhi Technological University, Delhi, India (March 2021 – May, 2021).
C.V. Raman Postdoctoral Fellow: Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, India (Oct. 2019 – March, 2021).
Postdoctoral Fellow: Toyota Technological Institute, Nagoya, Japan (Oct. 1, 2017 – Sept. 30, 2019).
National Postdoctoral Fellow: (NPDF): CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh, India (July 27, 2016 – Sept. 29, 2017).
Lecturer: Satya College of Engineering and Technology, Palwal, HR, India. (Aug. 17, 2008 – Nov. 30, 2011).
(Cumulative Impact Factor: 140; Citations: 1028; h-index: 21; i-10 index: 34).
Publications: (Total publications: >100)
* Journal publications (SCI/SCOPUS): 48.
* Conference proceedings/presentations: 54 (Online published) + 29 (presentations in conferences/workshops).
* Book Chapters: 1 (Publisher: Apple Academic Inc., Florida, USA).
At NIT Kurukshetra:
2023-24: (Theory Classes)
M.Sc. (Physics) (I-Sem.): Classical Mechanics (PHPC501); Aug. 2023 – Dec. 2023.
B. Tech. (VII-Sem.): Open Elective: Physics of Energy Harvesting Technologies (PHOE402); July 2023 – Dec. 2023.
B. Tech. (I-Sem.): Physics-I (PHIC101); Aug. 2023 – Dec. 2023.
2023-24: (Practical Classes)
Practical (LAB.): M. Sc. (I-Semester): Computational Lab; Aug. 2023 – Dec. 2023.
Practical (LAB.): B. Tech. (I-Semester): Physics Laboratory (PHIC101); Aug. 2023 – Dec. 2023.
2022-23: (Theory Classes)
B. Tech. (II-Semester): Physics-II (PHIC12); Feb. 2023 – June. 2023.
B. Tech. (I-Semester): Physics-I (PHIC11); Nov 2022 – Feb. 2023.
2022-23: (Practical Classes)
Practical (LAB.): B. Tech. (II-Semester): Physics Laboratory (PHIC12); Feb. 2023 – June 2023.
Practical (LAB.): B. Tech. (I-Semester): Physics Laboratory (PHIC11); Nov. 2022 – Feb. 2023.
M. Tech. (Nanomaterials & Nano-Technology- 2nd Sem.): Feb. 2023- Jun. 2023.
At DTU, Delhi: Fiber Optic Communication System [B. Tech. (Engineering Physics) VI Semester]; 2021; At SCET: Introductory Physics course for 1st Year Bachelors in Technology students (Semester-I & II).(Quantum mechanics, Electromagnetism, Optics, Fiber optics, Lasers, Theory of Relativity, Solid State Physics, NanoScience, Nuclear Physics, and Waves and Oscillations). 2008 – 2011.
Foreign Visit (Research/Academic purpose):
– United Kingdom: University of Southampton, Sept. 2021 – Nov. 2022.
– USA: San Francisco, California: SPIE Photonic West 2019 Conference, 3 – 7 February 2019.
– Japan: Postdoctoral Researcher: Optical Functional Materials Laboratory, Toyota Technological Institute, Nagoya-468-8511, Japan; 1 October 2017 – 30 September 2019.
– Russia: Visiting Researcher: The International Research Centre for Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, ITMO University (Saint-Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics), Saint Petersburg-199034, Russia, 18 – 26 March 2017.
– USA: San Diego, California: SPIE-Leadership workshop 8 August 2015; Optics & Photonics conference, 9 – 13 August 2015.
– USA: University of Arizona, Arizona: OSA Chapter Student Leadership Workshop18 October 2014 Fio/LS conference 19-23 October, 2014.
– USA: Stanford University, Stanford: Siegman International School on Lasers; 3 – 8 August 2014.
– USA: San Diego, California: SPIE-Optics & Photonics conference and Chapter leadership workshop; 24 – 29 August 2013.
Member of International Boards/Committees:
+ Editorial Board Member of Optics: Science Publishing Group, NY, USA 2018 – Dec. 2020.
+ Member: SPIE 2019 Education Committee, USA 2019 – Dec. 2021.
+ Executive Officer: Optica (OSA) “Fiber Modeling and Fabrication” Technical Group, March 2019-2021.
+ Event Officer: Optica (OSA) “Lasers in Manufacturing” Technical Group, April 2019 – March 2020.
Talk / lectures delivered:
* T. S. Saini, Invited Talk on the topic “Specialty Optical Fibers and Waveguides for Nonlinear Applications,” in Faculty Development Program (FDP) entitled “Recent Advances in Physical, Bio- and- Life Sciences” Feb. 6-10, 2-23 in Online Mode, Organized by Department of Physics, Sharda School of Basic Sciences and Research, in collaboration with IQAC, Sharda University, Greater Noida, India.
*T. S. Saini, Invited Lecture on topic “Mid-IR Photonics: Specialty Optical Fibers and Integrated Waveguides,” at online International Conference on Recent Advances in Functional Materials (RAFM-2022) organized by Department of Physics, IQAC and Star College Scheme (GoI), Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma (ARSD) College, University of Delhi from 14 -16th March 2022.
* T. S. Saini, “Importance of meditation to enhance our teaching-learning ability,”28/08/2020, One day International Webinar on “How to achieve higher education even under unfavorable conditions,” 28/08/2020 organized by Swami Vivekananda Govt. College, Nagda, MP, India.
* T. S. Saini, “Specialty Optical Fiber for Nonlinear and High Power Delivery Devices,”01/07/2020, Online FDP on “Various Research Opportunities in Electronics and Communication Engineering,” 01/07/2020 to 03/07/2020 organized by ECE Dept., RISE Krishna Sai Prakasam Group of Institutions, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh-523272 India.
* T. S. Saini, “Photonic crystal fibers and their application,” 21 March 2017, The International Research Centre for Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, The Metamaterials Laboratory, ITMO University (Saint-Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics), Saint Petersburg-199034, Russia.
* T. S. Saini, “Photonic crystal fibers: Benefits and Applications,” (10 March. 2017) 5-days short-term course on “Optical Fibers & Their Applications,” 06 March – 10 March 2017, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTR), Sector-26, Chandigarh-160019, India.
* T. S. Saini, “Photonic crystal fibers,” Continuous Education Program (CEP) on “Photonics for Detonics” Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL)-DRDO, Ramgarh Range, 27 Feb. – 03 March 2017, Chandigarh, India.
* T. S. Saini “Designing of photonic crystal fibers for supercontinuum generation” at CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh, 31 July 2015, India.
 Ramanujan Fellowship: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Govt. of India (2023).
 IoE Teaching Fellowship: Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Challakere Campus (2022; under Institute of Eminence (IoE) Scheme).
 C.V. Raman Postdoctoral Fellowship: Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, (2019-2021; under Institute of Eminence(IoE) Scheme).
 National Postdoctoral Fellowship (NPDF): Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India (2016).
 Best Paper Presentation Award: IONS Asia-6 Conference, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-KGP, WB, India (2014).
 SPIE travel grant to serve as a facilitator for the Student Leadership Workshop, San Diego, USA, (2015).
 OSA chapter officer travel grant: (OSA DEC Chapter) to attend Frontier in Optics, Tucson, AZ, USA (2014).
 SPIE Best Paper Presentation Award: ICOL-2014, IRDE (DRDO) Dehradun, India (2014).
 Best Paper Presentation Award: SPIE- Winter School on Photonics, IISER-Kolkata, India (2013).
 People Choice Award: Optics Outreach Games, SPIE- An international society for optics and photonics, San Diego, USA (2013).
 SPIE Chapter Officer Travel Grant to attend SPIE- Optics & Photonics, San Diego, CA, USA (2013).
 Best Prize-II for Writing Scientific Essay: Aligarh College of Engg. & Management, Aligarh, India (2 Feb. 2006).
‘Ekikrit Scholarship’: from of Uttar Pradesh, India (1996).
Short Term Courses / School Attended:
 Faculty Development Program: AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Elementary FDP on “Photonics Technology: A New Era of Communication” from 21/09/2021 to 25/09/2021 at Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi.
 Workshop on “High Power Fiber Laser: Opportunities and Challenges”, 27 – 28 February 2020, CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata, India.
 INUP Hands-on Training on “Nanofabrication Technologies” 07 – 15 February 2017, CeNSE, IISc, Bangalore, India.
 Faculty Development Programme under Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme-II (TEQIP-II) on “Environmental Pollution: Monitoring & Control”, 24 to 28 October 2016, Environment Engg., Delhi Technological University, Delhi, India.
 Short term course under Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme-II (TEQIP-II) on “Laser Processing for Manufacturing: Technology and Applications September 2015 to 13 September 2015, IIT Delhi, India.
 Summer School: “Siegman International School on Lasers 2014” one week programme; 3 August 2014 to 9 August 2014, Stanford University, Stanford, USA.
 Winter School: “SPIE- Winter School on Photonics,” 26th December 2013 to 29th December 2013; IISER-Kolkata, WB, India.
Involvement in Social/student activities
2015: Vice President, OSA DCE Chapter, Delhi Technological University.
2015: President, SPIE-DCE Chapter, Delhi Technological University.
2014: Vice President, SPIE-DCE Chapter, Delhi Technological University.
Reviewer of Journals/conference proceedings/international grants.