SC ST cell has been constituted in NIT-Kurukshetra (An Institution of National Importance) w.e.f. 24th August, 2017 as per the instructions of the Government of India, Ministry of Personal, Public Grievances and Pension (Department of Personal and Training) vide office memorandum No. 43011/153/2010-Estt. (Res) dated 4th January 2013.
Functions of SC-ST Cell
- Grievances redress for the grievances of SC/ST students and employees and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- Monitors and evaluates the reservation policies and other programs intended for SC/STs by the Government of India for their effective implementation at National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra.
- Suggests the follow-up measures to the administration of the Institute for achieving the objectives and targets laid down by MHRD for the empowerment of SC/STs.
- To register the complaints of SC/ST students/employees of the Institute for their representation to the administration for taking further necessary action.
- Ensuring due compliance by the subordinate appointing authorities with the orders and instructions pertaining to the reservation of vacancies in favour of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and other benefits admissible to them.
- Ensuring timely submission of SC/ST/OBC Reports I and II by each appointing authority under the Ministry/Department to the Ministry/Department and ensuring scrutiny and consolidation of the above reports in respect of all establishments and services in and under the control of the Ministry/Department and sending the consolidated reports in the prescribed proformae to the Department of Personnel & Training.
Dr. Chandrashekara M
Mechanical Engineering Department
SC/ST/PwDNational Institute of Technology Kurukshetra (Institution of National Information)
Phone : 01744-233171
Email : email@example.com