NIT Kurukshetra is committed to maintain a work environment wherein students,faculty, and staff members from different community can work in a coherent environment. It is the institute’s endeavor to ensure that no discrimination takes place at workplace.
The Institute has appointed a Liaison Officer for SC & ST cell who can be contacted in the event of any incident of caste-based discrimination.
SC & ST cell has been constituted in NIT-Kurukshetra (An Institution of National Importance) w.e.f. 24th August, 2017 as per the instructions of the Government of India, Ministry of Personal, Public Grievances and Pension (Department of Personal and Training) vide office memorandum No. 43011/153/2010-Estt. (Res) dated 4th January 2013.
Functions of SC-ST Cell
- Grievances redress the grievances of SC/ST students and employees and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- Monitors and evaluates the reservation policies and other programs intended for SC/STs by the Government of India for their effective implementation at National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra.
- Suggests the follow-up measures to the administration of the institute to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by MHRD for the empowerment of SC/STs.
- To register the complaints of SC/ST students/employees of the Institute for their representation to the administration for taking further necessary action.
- Ensuring due compliance by the subordinate appointing authorities with the orders and instructions pertaining to the reservation of vacancies in favour of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and other benefits admissible to them.
In case you want to register a formal complaint, please fill out the form in the complaint book, which is available in SC & ST Cell, Administrative Building, NIT Kurukshetra. The committee will look into the discrimination complaints received from SC & ST Students, faculty, and staff members and resolve such complaints.
Particulars of Liaison Officer are as under:
Name: Dr. Chandrashekhra M
Designation: Assistant Professor
Department: Mechanical Enggineering
Contact details: email@example.com, +1744 233 171