List of facilities available at NIT HEALTH CENTRE:
In OPD, clinical consultation is provided to patients and in required cases lab tests are advised. The Institute has empanelled doctors of various specialities working in the city whose CONSULTATION FEE is paid by the Institute only on referral slip issued by doctors of NIT Health Centre.
An experienced Dental Surgeon provides procedures like Dental Extraction, RCT, Scaling/Cleaning, Fillings etc.
Routine investigations are carried out at the Institute Health Centre. One pathological Lab is empanelled to carry out specialised tests. Microbiology tests are referred outside.
Routine medicines are available for faculty, non-faculty staff members, their dependents and students. Medicines are dispensed on the prescription of SMO/MO, Health Centre.
Digital X-Ray’sare done on the prescription of SMO/MO, Health Centre during OPD hours. (9:00am to 1:00pm) and (3:00pm to 5:30pm).
Computerized ECG services are available at the Health Centre during OPD hours.(9:00am to 1:00pm) and (3:00pm to 5:30pm).
A well-equipped casualty with 08 beds (04 bed in Female ward & 04 bed in Male ward) is available for emergency cases.Treatment of various diseases such as typhoid, acute gastroenteritis, COPD, bronchial asthma malaria, dysmenorrhea, acute colic etc. are given.
Observation and management is done according to seriousness of cases as decided by the treating doctors as per facilities available. Serious cases are referred to higher centre/empanelled hospital/Govt. hospital after giving preliminary treatment.
Timing: 9:00am to 1:00pm & 3:00pm to 8:30pm (5:30 to 8:30pm: emergency services)
No investigation facility is available in emergency time period (5:30pm to 8:30pm).
The Health Centre has round the clock support of the well-equipped Ambulance vehicle for the transport of patients from Institute Health Centre to local Govt. Hospital/empanelled Hospital/Govt. Medical Institute for specialized management under the following conditions:
- The ambulance services are provided free of cost to such students, staff and their dependants whenever they are referred for treatment to the Government/ Empanelled Hospitals by SMO/MO of Institute Health Centre. The ambulance is allowed in the emergent cases only. Further, the ambulance is not allowed for the follow up.
- The ambulance services are provided free of cost for the delivery purpose of the female employees and wives of the employees of the Institute for Government/Empanelled Hospitals.
- The ambulance services is provided free of cost for carrying dead body from Hospital to the Campus of the Institute.
- In the absence of SMO/MO the requisition of ambulance will be allowed by Prof. I/c (Health Centre)
- Ambulance: Tel: +91-9467844800