Centre of Computing & Networking
Centre of Computing and Networking was established in the year 1997, as a project funded by MHRD. It is a Central facility for the Institute connecting all the buildings, Departments, Hostels and residential area through Local Area Network (LAN). The Centre aims to integrate networking and computing facility for service to the students, scholars, faculty and community with an effort to automate institute offices and sections. The CCN maintains Campus Wide Network with more than 7000 nodes with state-of-art-networking, infrastructure. It also hosts institute website
|Administrative and Technical Staff||Name|
|Prof. in-Charge||Dr. Mayank Dave|
|Senior Technical Officer||Dr. Jagan Nath|
|Technical Assistant||Sh. Himanshu Reddu|
|Store Keeper||Sh. Pawan Kumar|
Centre of Computing and Networking (CCN) is the central computing and networking facility of the Institute entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Development of the computing and networking infrastructure
- Maintaining and updating the Institute’s website
- E-mail services for the students, faculty and staff
- Extending IT infrastructure for online tests for placement of the students
- Development and operation of online applications
- Printing and scanning facilities.
- CCN has equipped with Super computer Param Shavak from CDAC. The students and faculty are utilizing this facility for high end computing.
9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (Monday to Saturday). CCN remains closed on Sunday and National holidays.
- Campus wide LAN on OFC backbone supported by two leased lines for internet access
- 1 Gbps from RailTel Corporation of India Ltd
- 500 Mbps M/s Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd
- Network Upgraded from (1G to 10G)
- Structured networking supporting 7000 nodes
- Wi-Fi Networking with the support of 3000 concurrent users
- Bio-Metric Attendance System (BAS) is being looking after by CCN.
- Installed HoneyPot Sensor (Raspberry Pi) under the project ‘’ Scalable Attack Data Capture and Analysis framework for CTI Generation ‘’ by C-DAC, Mohali
Computing Facilities Hardware Resources
|2.||Desktop PCs (i7)||160|
|3.||Video Conferencing device(s)||05|
|4.||Outdoor LED Panels installed at four prime locations in the campus.|
|5.||NEXT GENERTION FIREWALL FORTINET (FortiGate 2000E)|
- Endpoint Security
- Word-processing: MS office Professional 2016
- EIGAP Plus (50 User-5 year) including ENVI Single Use Software (ESRI India Technologies Ltd.)
- FE Analysis Engineering/Multi-Physics Software Solution.
- MATLAB 2021 Campus Wide